PASSAGE USA, (Preparing All Students Socially and Academically for Gainful Employment) is a two-year non-degree, certificate program. This program is designed for students who need extra supports to be successful in our community.
Through person-centered planning, we help students define their goals for their future. These goals are turned into an individualized Adult Education Plan (AEP) in which we target the skills they need to achieve their goals. These skills include independent living, social, employment, and self-determination skills.
Students in the program will be full university campus members, which includes:
- Access to campus recreation
- Academic inclusion in classes
- Inclusion in campus social activities
Students will attend elective classes with other USA students, as well as, attend specialized classes that target the skills they need to achieve their goals and they will participate in a work internship each semester. Peer Mentors (other USA students) will be used as natural supports on and off campus to help foster independence and learning.
Click on this video to learn more about PASSAGE USA
Students may be eligible to apply if they:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25
- Have been diagnosed with an intellectual disability (ID)
- Have functional communication, reading, and math skills
- Are able to function independently without one-on-one assistance
- Are not receiving special education and related services from the public schools
- Are motivated to continue education and further develop employment and independent living skills
- Have a Smartphone and use it for calls, texts, and email.
For full eligibility requirements please see the detailed application process.
Interested in applying as a student?
Applying for PASSAGE USA is a process, and requires several steps. To start the process, click here.
Interested in applying as a peer mentor?
If you're interested in becoming a peer mentor, start the process by clicking here.
Donate to PASSAGE USA
The Gaillard-Neville Reynolds Scholarship fund has been established to support students in the PASSAGE USA program.
CLICK HERE to donate and help provide College for ALL!
This project is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Post-Secondary Education Grant # P407A150076.