Instructional Specialist in Early Education
"The wider the range of possibilities we offer children, the more intense will be their motivations and the richer their experiences." ~ Loris Malaguzzi
Early Childhood Ed.S.
The Instructional Specialist in Early Childhood Education is a 30-hour post-Masters graduate program which leads to an Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) degree and Class AA Professional Certification in Early Childhood Education.
- A grade-point average of at least 3.0 (A=4.0)
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education from a regionally accredited institution and Alabama Class A Professional Early Childhood certification
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience
REQUIRED ITEMS TO SUBMIT TO THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
(Application will be considered incomplete until all items are received.)
- The Application for Admission to the Graduate School.
Application and all supporting documents must be received prior to the semester of entry deadline. Application and semester deadlines are available at http://www.southalabama.edu/admissions.
Official transcripts from each institution attended since high school, regardless of whether credit was earned.
- Score on the MAT or GRE (including the Analytical Writing section).
- Copy of valid Alabama Class A Professional Early Childhood Certificate
- Two recommendation forms attesting to your scholarship and/or professional abilities.
Dr. Rebecca Giles
Phone | 251.380.2899