Center for Real Estate and Economic Development
"Location, location, location."
The Center is a unit within the College that intends to increase:
- The real estate concentration by offering competitive class content and high quality instruction;
- The level of real estate research among the student body to better understand the local marketplace;
- The level of community professional real estate education.
The Center is committed to:
- Academic excellence;
- Strong partnership with the real estate industry;
- Research rigor on policy-related topics;
- Community-based initiatives.
Research projects will be undertaken that:
- Generate need-to-know data and analysis critical to the policymaker;
- Provide research reports that can be used and widely distributed;
- Concentrate on the South Alabama and coastal real estate markets;
- Provide "data that you can use."
Professional education will be developed to:
- Maximize programs with selected local trade groups such as the Mobile Area Association of REALTORS® and the Baldwin County Association of REALTORS®
- Combine USA personnel with local real estate professionals to offer unique and high quality educational content;
- Provide "education that you can use."