Undergraduate Readmission

Secondary banner



  • Readmission is only required for a student who has not been enrolled for three consecutive terms.
  • An applicant must be eligible to return to the University of South Alabama.

Suspension Policy: A student placed on academic suspension at USA is eligible for readmission after an absence of one semester has passed, excluding summer. The student will be readmitted on probation.

Dismissal Policy: A student academically dismissed from USA may be considered for readmission on academic probation after a period of one calendar year has passed. Dean's approval is required.

  • A returning student, who has not attended another institution since last enrolled at USA, is readmitted on their previous academic standing at USA.
  • A returning student, who has attended institutions since last enrolled at USA, will be readmitted based on the transfer GPA as calculated by the Office of Admissions.
  • All transfer work from other institutions combined must be equal to or higher than a 2.0 GPA as calculated by the Office of Admissions. If GPA calculates less than a 2.0, readmission is either approved on a probationary status or denied by the Director of Admissions.
  • An applicant changing from non-degree to degree is required to have all transcripts mailed to the Office of Admissions.
  • No fee is required for readmission.


Returning Admit Type Description Required Official Documents
Degree Seeking Former student previously enrolled at the University of South Alabama who has not attended USA for three consecutive semesters. Official transcript(s) from all institution(s) attended since last enrolled at USA.
Second Bachelors Degree Former student previously enrolled at USA who is returning to complete a second bachelors degree. Official transcript(s) from all institution(s) attended including proof of earned bachelors degree, excluding USA.
Transient Former student previously enrolled at USA who wishes to attend for one semester and return to home institution. A transient approval form or letter of good standing from student's home institution.
Unclassified Former student previously enrolled at USA who has earned at least a baccalaureate degree and wishes to take additional undergraduate courses but is not pursuing a degree. Official transcript showing earned baccalaureate, masters or doctoral degree.
Audit Only Former student previously enrolled at USA wishing to take courses but not receive credit. Audit students are not required to submit documents with their application.

Complete and sign the readmission application for the semester you wish to attend. Undergraduate Readmission Form

Return the application to the Admissions Office for processing before posted deadlines. Please submit your application using one of the following options.

Office of Admissions
Meisler Hall, Suite 2500
390 Alumni Circle
Mobile, AL 36688-002
In Person:
Office of the Admissions
Meisler Hall, Suite 2500

It is the student's responsibility to contact all institutions attended since last enrolled at USA and have official transcripts mailed from those institutions to the Office of Admissions, Meisler Hall, Suite 2500, 390 Alumni Circle, Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002.

Please note The University of South Alabama is a member of the National Student Clearinghouse. Our office utilizes the Clearinghouse services to verify enrollment on prospective and returning students. Applicants are required to accurately list on their application all institutions attended after enrolling at USA.

The Office of the Admissions notifies all prospective returning students by U.S. mail. Notification generally takes 5 business days. During times of high volume, a longer processing time can be expected. You can also view your readmission status online through PAWS.

Once you have received notification of acceptance to USA, contact your major department to meet with an academic advisor.

Follow these steps to identify your academic advisor

  1. Log in to your PAWS account using your JAG Number and PIN code
  2. Select 'Student Services and Financial Aid'
  3. Select 'Student Records'
  4. Select 'General Student Information'
  5. Select Appropriate Term and Submit
  6. Primary advisor will be listed
  • Create a new PIN #
  • Activate your JagMail Email account
  • Check for any outstanding holds

Register for classes on PAWS

  • Check registration time ticket
  • Register for classes
  • JagTraks
  • View outstanding balance on PAWS
  • View payment deadlines at Office of Student Accounting