Are you looking for a great workout that is fun and challenging?? Look no further than the deep water well at the outdoor pool. A group meets each day to play water polo and welcomes anyone interested to come and check it out. Water polo is played in the deep water well and the participants tread water while playing. Treading water can burn 200 to more than 600 calories per hour, depending on the intensity, and engages muscles all over your body if you take the time to perfect your treading technique. Open to everyone, even if you have never played before.
Come join other USA students, faculty, staff, and alumni at the deep water well, Monday-Friday at 4:30 PM for a pick-up game of water polo. This is a co-ed activity. It is a great workout, and it is a lot of fun! All levels of players are welcome. We split the teams to get the most balanced game. Join the group. Come play.
The rules are simple:
1. Throw and catch with one hand.
2. Don't bring the ball underwater to protect it.
3. Don't push off the wall to make a shot or to block.
4. Respect others as you expect to be respected.
5. Play safe! You must be able to swim to play this sport.
6. If there are only 6 players, in a 3 on 3 game we require two passes within or into the defense's territory (marked by the 11'6" line) before a goal is shot.
7. The goalie can use two hands, and when he/she has the ball in the pocket, you may not steal it: goalie's hand.