Student Job Database
The Job Database is a federally funded referral service for current USA students seeking employment. The job referral services are provided to help students meet the increasing cost of education. Students do not have to be eligible for federal student aid to use this service.
- The Database site requires Internet Explorer 5 or better.
- Students must be CURRENTLY enrolled in a degree seeking-program and must be a U.S. citizen to login. Students who are not U.S. citizens will need to contact the Office of International Services for job opportunities.
- Note that during a particular semester, a student must be currently enrolled for that
semester. Being enrolled for the next semester will not grant a student access to
the system if they are not enrolled in the current semester. Between semesters, any
student who is enrolled for the next semester will have access to the system. Being
enrolled for the previous semester will not grant a student access to the system if
they are not enrolled in the upcoming semester. The switch from one semester to the
next (for the purpose of this Job Database application) is the last day of exams.
- If a student who did not have a valid SSN upon first registering with the University, a temporary number may have been assigned. If a student has since obtained an SSN, they will need to contact the Registrar and request to have their information updated. They will also email the Database Manager to let our office know the SSN has been updated.
- If a student needs to contact the Database Manager, the student will need to include their full name, Jag Number, and JagMail email
ID (the portion before @jagmail.southalabama.edu) This is not required if a student
email from their JagMail email account. Also provide a brief explanation of the difficulties.
The University of South Alabama and the Office of Financial Aid are not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of the off-campus employment. The University does not make any representation as to the working conditions that may exist at any place of employment. Use of this system shall be entirely at the risk of the users hereof and the University expressly disclaims any and all liability with respect thereto. It is the responsibility of the student to research the integrity of the organizations to which they are applying. The student is advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or private party.