HR Training Workshops
Human Resources is pleased to offer the following two-day Supervisory Overview Program for front-line supervisors who are responsible for day-to-day supervision of clerical/secretarial, crafts/trades/custodial and junior level professional employees. at our campus Human Resources office. Pre-registration is required, please see below.
Two-Day Supervisory Overview Program for Front-line Supervisors
This program provides front-line supervisors with information to help them understand and effectively adhere to University policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Topics are presented in two full-day sessions, as indicated below. Sessions are facilitated by representatives from the following departments: Human Resources, Safety/Environmental Compliance and University Police.
Dates: Wednesdays, September 20 and 27, 2017 (Session I & II)
Thursdays, October 12 and 19, 2017 (Session I & II)
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Campus Human Resources Office
- Coaching and Supervisory Success
- Staff Hiring, Performance Evaluations and Progressive Discipline
- Preventing Workplace Harassment and Discrimination
- Employee Benefits and On-the-Job Injury Processing
- Attendance & Leave Issues and Family Medical Leave
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Compensation and Timekeeping
- Workplace Safety
- Preventing Workplace Violence
It is important to note the following:
- Pre-registration is required. To register, or if you have questions, contact Freda Lee at 460-7078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class size is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be established when maximum capacity is reached.
- Coffee and tea will be available at 7:45 a.m.
- Participants will have a one-hour lunch break and are welcome to bring their own lunch.
- Participants should be prepared to arrive not later than 8:00 a.m. and remain until 5:00 p.m. on both days to receive a certificate verifying attendance.