Most of our frequently asked questions can be addressed by visiting the FAQ page of our site. A couple of items more specific to Move-In may be found below.
- If friends or family will accompany you for Move-In, you may wish to make overnight accommodation reservations for those who plan to stay overnight. Visit the Mobile Bay Travel website to learn more.
- Move-in can generate a lot of trash! Every residential community has one or more permanent trash areas. During move in, we will be providing additional trash receptacles.
Some advice from current students about what to do once you've moved in:
- Introduce yourself to your RA. Ask your RA or returning neighbors for a tour of the building/community to learn more about where you live.
- Get to know the other people moving in. You'll be living with them all semester/year, so reach out now!
- Get out of your room, meet your neighbors, and don't be afraid to talk to strangers. They won't be a stranger for long!
- Don't worry about making sure that everything in your room is exactly where you want it the very first day. You have a whole semester or year to arrange (and rearrange) your room.
- Leave your room! Go to public areas in order to meet new people.
- Invite a neighbor to dinner. Everyone on campus has a meal plan, use it to your advantage!
- The first week is when a lot of new friendships are made, so don't be shy.
- Before the first day of class, check the campus map to find your classes and walk your route (if you have time). Learn how long it will take you to get to class before classes start.
- Ask questions. Your RA or returning residents probably know a few tricks about your residence hall, but they wouldn't know to tell you unless you ask.
- Remember, every new student is in the same boat and eager to make new friends. You're not the only one with a little anxiety!
PLEASE NOTE: All students must check-in by 4PM on Sunday, August 18th. If something is going to prevent you from checking-in by that day/time, please let us know by email (email@example.com).
Student ID's will be required at Check-In (Jag CARD).