Quality Matters is a nationally-recognized program to improve the quality of online and blended courses.
The ILC offers two options for you to certify the quality of your course:
1. Official QM Certification
The “official” Quality Matters review process requires departmental approval and financial commitment.
2. University-Level Quality Review
This option follows an expedited, internal review process but adheres to the same high standards as an “official” review.
Both options require that the faculty member responsible for the course has been trained at applying the QM Rubric. For more information on QM, please contact Melissa Walter at (251) 461-1888.
Accessibility Statements and Privacy Policies
Specific review standard 6.5 states that courses should include links to privacy policies for all required external tools. Specific review standard 8.2 states that information should be provided about the accessibility of all required technologies. Privacy policies and accessibility information for popular tools and software can be found here.
- Quality Matters website
- A list of courses that have obtained official QM certification or met standards on a University-Level review
- Privacy policies for popular tools and software
- Accessibility information for popular tools and software