Workshops and Events
Pedagogy and Technology Workshops
The ILC's faculty development efforts are primarily concentrated in the offering of a wide variety of workshops. Some of these workshops are about teaching strategies and techniques and others are about technologies, but all of them are designed to make sure that faculty leave feeling they have a new tool in their instructional toolbox.
Recent instructional workshops have included the following topics:
- Critical Thinking
- Aligning Objectives and Assessments
- Deepening Dialogue and Reflection in Online Courses
- Increasing Interaction with Online Content
- Active Learning in Large Classes
Recent technology workshops have included the following topics:
- Camtasia Studio & Camtasia Relay
- WebEx & Meetings Tool in USAonline
- Google Apps in Education
- Microsoft Office Mix
Online Learning Consortium Workshops
The ILC also offers access to the Online Learning Consortium's excellent asynchronous online workshops on a variety of topics connected to online and blended learning.