International Travel and University Agreements

Secondary banner


International Travel Registration       International Agreements      

International Travel Registration

All international travel by faculty and staff should be registered with OIE. Please see the information below to begin your travel registration process.

International Travel Registration - Faculty and staff participating in international travel will complete this form as well as the regular permission to travel process required by the University.  To login to your application using the first half of your Jagmail email address (everything before @) and your normal Jagmail password.  University Health Systems employees can activate a JagNet ID and password here.

Once OIE has reviewed your International Travel Registration, you will receive an email notification that your status has been changed.  You will then log back into your application and print the page to attach to your official request for leave, absence, or travel and submit to the appropriate department, college, or administrative unit for approval.  Note that your International Travel Registration will only be accepted if your status reads "Approved by H.H."

For additional information and regulations on international travel, please visit University Travel.

For information regarding export control, please see the Best Practices for Academics Traveling Overseas, the USA Export Control Management Policy, and the Office of Research Compliance and Assurance.

International Agreements

USA partners with universities throughout the world to facilitate student exchange, conduct research, keep up with academic trends, and share innovations.

A partnership may be codified through an agreement known as a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), an International Exchange Agreement, or other specific international agreement. The MOU is a broad agreement in which USA and a partner express an intention to engage in cooperative academic or research activities.  The IE agreement involves a specific commitment for cooperative international academic and research activities, usually related to student or bi-lateral exchange. Other agreements may be necessary to create dual degree or other programs.

The Office of International Education, in conjunction with academic departments and the University Attorney, will facilitate the process of reviewing and approving international agreements.  If you are interested in developing an international agreement or partnership, please contact OIE for more information.