Below are the governing regulations which USA is obligated to adhere.
All of the below CITI courses can be accessed from www.citiprogram.org. This service requires a user profile which must be affiliated with the University
of South Alabama. Instructions for can be found here.
CITI Animal Training Investigators, staff, and students - REQUIRED FOR ALL RESEARCHERS working with animals.
CITI Working with ____- This course varies depending on the species of animal with which one will be working. Courses are available for mice, rats, swine(pigs), gerbils, hamsters, cats, dogs, rabbits, and non-human primates. REQUIRED PER SPECIES.
At the conclusion of the module, a completion report is provided. This report will serve as documentation for completion and must be uploaded to your IRBNet user profile, then linked by the PI to projects.
The below training is required in addition to the CITI training above. Each required training below will indicate the species for which it is a REQUIREMENT.
- Rodents (Mice, Rats, Gerbils, Hamsters):
- Rat BioMethodology CD Training - RAT ONLY
- Mouse BioMethodology CD Training - MOUSE ONLY
- Euthanex Training (performed by DCM) - ALL RODENTS
- CO2 Anesthesia Training Sheet-Must sign stating it has been read and understood. ALL RODENTS
- Guidelines for uses of fishes in research Sheet - Must sign stating it has been read and understood. FISH
All USA training should be documented on the IRBNet_CD_EuthanexTraining Form (PDF - Open in Adobe Acrobat - right-click and select "Save Link As") in the IRBNet Library.
Enrollment in the Occupational Health Program (OHP) is required. This can be accomplish by following the memo and completing the form package available on IRBNet. Once completed, documentation will be sent to our office by the appropriate staff.
- Occupational Health Enrollment Package
(PDF - Open in Adobe Acrobat - right-click and select "Save Link As")