- Teams with more than two alumni members (3 for softball) on their roster (players that are not currently enrolled at the University) will not be eligible for the All-University Playoff tournament. Also Alumni teams will be ineligible for championship shirts and All-University trophies.
- If there are enough alumni teams participating in that sport, an open division playoff will be created and a winner will be determined.
- Current ID for each team member must be presented at the first game. Student names and numbers will be verified on the field house computer weekly. Only roster players will be eligible for each game.
- Players cannot be added to the team roster after their last regular season game.
- USA Intramurals is open to all currently enrolled students, staff, faculty and alumni.
- Players are limited to only one team per league per sport. (Fraternities cannot have a minor league system).
- Teams caught using ineligible players can face game losses, or player and team suspensions,
- Prior to any participation in the intramural program, all participants must sign the injury release and team roster form. Managers are responsible for making sure that new players are added to the roster book before their participation in any intramural game.
- Alumni fees are good for one semester ($25 per semester)
- All Alumni players must pay their Alumni fees prior to their participation in a game
- Any player who participates without paying the $25 fee will be charged $35
- Teams are responsible for all Alumni fees
- All players in the playoffs must bring a photo ID to all playoff games.
- A forfeit will be called if a team is not prepared to play within five minutes of the scheduled game time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- To avoid a forfeit, a team must email the Intramural office of their intention not to play by 3pm of the day of their game with the exception of Sunday games. The team must then emailed by 3pm on Friday.
- A team is allowed ONE forfeit or default per sport.
- The minimum number of players to avoid a forfeit is 2 (1 bsk) less than the regulation number.
- If a team forfeits during a season, their forfeit fee will increase to $40 dollars for the following season/sport.
Due to limited availability, we will not be able to reschedule games.
Cancellations Due to Weather or Scheduling Conflicts
- Each team captain is responsible for contacting the intramural office about rescheduled dates and times for any canceled games.
- Teams are responsible for contacting the intramural office at 461-1627 concerning the cancellations of games due to weather conditions.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct can result in warnings, suspensions, or expulsions.
- While on suspension, a player cannot participate or spectate in any aspect of the recreation program including rec center privileges.
- Threatening an official will always mandate an automatic suspension for the remainder of the year.
- Cussing/swearing will not be tolerated in our Intramural program.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited during Intramural events and on intramural grounds.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct includes but not limited to: disrespecting opponents, running up the score, taunting, disrespecting the game, verbal abuse to the officials etc. These offenses will result in team penalties such as dropping in playoff seeding, team suspensions and team expulsions.
- If a team accumulates an excessive number of unsportsmanlike infractions throughout a season they will be disqualified from regular season and playoff competition. The unsportsmanlike infractions accumulate or carry over throughout the Intramural year and will result in team disqualification from regular season play and the playoffs.
- Inform game officials at the time of the protest.
- Turn in a written protest within 24 hours to the Coordinator of Intramural Activities.
- Misapplications of rules, not judgment, are grounds for protest.
- Be patient while we train the officiating staff.
- Student officials attend preseason mandatory clinics and nightly workshops prior to each night they work.
Free Agent Program
Individuals wanting to join a team can sign the free-agent sheet at the field house.
- Playoff teams will be given to the top half of each league in most cases.
- At large bids will be given when available to teams dependent on strength of schedule, when they’ve not had the opportunity to play everyone.
- In order to qualify they must have a .500 record.
- Seeding for all University tournaments are determined by the Intramural Staff and is not solely based on team records.
- All-U playoff tournaments will not necessarily be played on the teams regularly scheduled night. Usually All-U teams begin on Sunday.
Varsity Athlete Policy
Limited number of varsity athletes are allowed to participate in intramural sports. Varsity athletes who participated during the current academic year are ineligible to play Intramurals in that particular sport. Varsity athletes will be defined as meeting one of the following:
- An athlete who is or was on a roster in a varsity sport at a 2 or 4 year institution within the past 5 years
- Someone who has been on a varsity scholarship within the current academic school year
- Redshirt athletes
- Club Sport athletes
- Traveling/Upper-classification softball players
- The intramural program reserves the right to adjust teams accordingly for a competitive balance in the program
*The Intramural Coordinator reserves the right to define varsity athlete status for any player.
There is one varsity athlete per roaster. When the varsity athlete registers with imleagues, they must put (Va) after their last name to identify themselves.
Intramural Sport Corresponding Varsity Sport Number of Former Varsity Athletes Allowed
Soccer Soccer: 1
Flag Football N/A N/A
Inner Tube Waterpolo: N/A
Sand Volleyball: 0
Shortman Basketball: 0