Educational Media and Technology Program
Master of Science Degree (M.S.) in Educational Media & Technology
The University of South Alabama Master of Science degree in Educational Technology prepares educators to design, evaluate, and implement educational and instructional technology in the classroom. Through coursework and practical experiences in instructional design and information science, students will learn to use a diverse set of technological tools for design and development of effective instruction. Students will also evaluate technological tools and resources designed to enhance teaching and learning and collaborate with educators to use technology to enhance student experiences and outcomes.
The Master’s program in Educational Technology is delivered entirely online. Graduates of the program will be prepared to use computer hardware and software, databases, and the internet to support teaching and learning in a variety of contexts.
Applications for the Educational Technology program are reviewed throughout the year. Requirements for admission are (in addition to the general Graduate School Standards):
- A completed application for admission to the Graduate School.
- One official copy of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant’s academic and/or professional abilities.
- Results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), including the Analytical Writing component.
- A resume with a chronology of professional employment.
- A statement of academic purpose.
Application Submission Deadlines
- Fall admission - July 15
- Spring admission - December 1
- Summer admission - April 1
Please notify Dr. Stefurak (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you apply so that we can be looking for your application. The final admission decision involves evaluation of the following: grade-point average, scores on the GRE, letters of recommendation, applicant’s statement of career goal(s) and purpose(s), professional experience, and program enrollment and availability.
Applications, transcripts, letters, and all supporting materials should be submitted to the Office of Admissions, 2500 Meisler Hall, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002.
Pamela Moore, Ph.D.
Ph: (251) 380-2153