Educational Media and Technology Program
Master of Science Degree (M.S.) in Educational Media & Technology
The University of South Alabama Master of Science degree in Educational Technology prepares educators to design, evaluate, and implement educational and instructional technology in the classroom. Through coursework and practical experiences in instructional design and information science, students will learn to use a diverse set of technological tools for design and development of effective instruction. Students will also evaluate technological tools and resources designed to enhance teaching and learning and collaborate with educators to use technology to enhance student experiences and outcomes.
The Master’s program in Educational Technology is delivered entirely online. Graduates of the program will be prepared to use computer hardware and software, databases, and the internet to support teaching and learning in a variety of contexts.
Applications for the Educational Technology program are reviewed throughout the year. Application Submission Deadlines:
- Fall admission - July 15
- Spring admission - December 1
- Summer admission - April 1
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education documented on an official transcript from degree granting institution.
Official Transcripts from all university, college, and post-secondary institutions
you attended must be mailed to:
University of South Alabama Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9218
Watertown, MA 02471
(Note: Students who attended and/or graduated from the University of South Alabama are not required to submit a USA transcript.)
2. GPA Requirement:
- Regular Admission–requires a minimal grade-point-average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale based on GPA calculated from degree granting institution.
- Provisional Admission–requires a minimal grade-point-average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale based on GPA calculated from degree granting institution; or 2.75 GPA based on the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework; or a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Test score or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score at or above the 50th percentile.
3. A two (2) page, double-spaced narrative from the applicant indicating the applicant’s goal(s) and purpose(s) for pursuing the field of Educational Media and Technology (uploaded within application).
4. A resume with a chronology of professional employment (uploaded within application).
5. Personal statement on applicant's purpose for graduate study and career goals (uploaded within application).
The final admission decision involves evaluation of the following: grade-point average, scores on the GRE, letters of recommendation, applicant’s statement of career goal(s) and purpose(s), professional experience, and program enrollment and availability.
Pamela Moore, Ed.D.
Ph: (251) 380-2735