Master of Education in Early Childhood Education with Reading Certification
Early Childhood (M.Ed.) with Reading Certification
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Early Childhood Education with Reading Certification is a 39-hour fully online program that provides advanced study for teachers who already hold the Class B Professional Early Childhood Certificate and have at least 2 years of full-time teaching experience. Upon completion of the program and Praxis, students are eligible for the Class A Professional Early Childhood Education (P-3) certificate and Class A Reading Education (P-12).
REQUIRED ITEMS TO SUBMIT TO THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
(Application will be considered incomplete until all items are received.)
- The Application for Admission to the Graduate School.
Application and all supporting documents must be received prior to the semester of entry deadline. Application and semester deadlines are available at http://www.southalabama.edu/admissions.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended since high school, regardless of whether credit was earned.
- Passing score on 1) Evidence of passing Praxis score that was required for initial Class B certification in area OR 2) score on either the MAT or GRE (including the Analytical Writing section).
- Copy of valid Alabama Class B Professional Early Childhood Certificate
- Two recommendation forms attesting to your scholarship and/or professional abilities.
- Two page narrative on your career goals and purpose for graduate study.
- Supplemental EXP form.
Rebecca McMahon Giles, Ph.D.
Ph: (251) 380-2899