Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
"There is no land like the land of your childhood." ~ Michael Powell
Early Childhood (M.Ed.)
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Early Childhood Education is a 30-hour fully online program that provides advanced study for teachers who already hold the Class B Professional Early Childhood Certificate. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for the Class A Professional Early Childhood Education (P-3) certificate.
REQUIRED ITEMS TO SUBMIT TO THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
(Application will be considered incomplete until all items are received.)
- The Application for Admission to the Graduate School.
Application and all supporting documents must be received prior to the semester of entry deadline. Application and semester deadlines are available at http://www.southalabama.edu/admissions.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended since high school, regardless of whether credit was earned.
- Passing score on 1) Early Childhood: Content Knowledge Praxis II exam OR 2) score on either MAT or GRE (including the Analytical writing section).
- Copy of valid Alabama Class B Professional Early Childhood Certificate
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to your scholarship and/or professional abilities.
- Two page narrative on your career goals and purpose for graduate study.
Rebecca McMahon Giles, Ph.D.
Ph: (251) 380-2899