Secondary Education Instructional Specialist
"The Ed.S. program at USA provided me the basis to be a successful practitioner of education in the areas of curriculum, assessment, and pedagogy. I feel the research skills acquired through the Ed.S. Project have given me an advantage as I continue my education working toward my Ed.D.," says Nicole Landry, the Outstanding Ed.S. Student in 2012-2013.
Secondary Education Ed.S., Class AA Teaching Certificate
The Instructional Specialist in Secondary Education is a 30-hour post-Masters graduate program which leads to an Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) degree and Class AA Professional Certification in Secondary Education in English Language Arts, Social Studies, General Science, or Mathematics. Those pursuing the Ed.S. will be afforded the opportunity for research in education and advancement of graduate level content coursework in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- A grade-point average of at least 3.0 (A=4.0).
- Successful completion of a master’s degree in Content Area Desired for AA from a regionally accredited institution and Alabama Class A Content Area certification.
- The Application for Admission to the Graduate School. Application and all supporting documents must be received prior to the semester of entry deadline. Application and semester deadlines are available at http://www.southalabama.edu/admissions.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended since high school, regardless of whether credit was earned.
- Score on the MAT or GRE (including the Analytical writing section) from exam taken within the last five years.
- Copy of valid Alabama Class A Professional Certificate in appropriate field.
- Two recommendation forms attesting to your scholarship and/or professional abilities.