What is Pathway USA?
Pathway USA is a collaborative program between the University of South Alabama and select local community colleges to create a seamless transition to USA for transfer students who have earned their AA or AS degree with a 2.0 or higher. This program will start in the fall 2016 semester.
Who can Participate?
There are two groups of students who may participate:
- If you applied as an entering student to USA and are eligible for the program, you will be sent additional information about Pathway USA in the mail.
- Students at Faulkner State Community College, Bishop State Community College, or Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College may sign up to participate. Students must be entering or currently enrolled students at one of the aforementioned community colleges.
What are the Benefits?
As a student in the program you will:
- have an advisor from USA who will be on your community college campus once a month to assist you with your degree plan and prepare you for your transition to USA
- be provided the USA advisor's direct contact information
- receive a special USA ID card that allows you special discounts to local restaurants, limited library privileges, and complimentary entry to home USA athletic events
What is required?
You must indicate your interest by signing up for the program.
Students in the program must meet with the USA academic advisor at least two times each semester.
The semester before you intend to enroll at USA, you must update or fill out a new USA application for admission. USA Admissions will have your Pathway USA application form on file.
How do I sign up?
If you applied as an entering student to USA and are eligible for the program, you will be sent additional information about Pathway USA in the mail.
For students who are currently enrolled at Faulkner State Community College, Bishop State Community College, or Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, you may contact your community college counselor or Admissions office to obtain the necessary application form.
USA Office of New Student Recruitment