text only
University of South Alabama
Home Index Search Directories Faq
Graduate Programs

College of Engineering

College of Engineering
Master of Science in Chemical & Biomolecular, Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering

The College of Engineering offers programs leading to degrees of Master of Science in Chemical & Biomolecular, Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering.

The programs of study are designed to provide knowledge of modern engineering concepts and practices; to prepare the graduate for the practice of engineering at a higher level of proficiency than attainable with the bachelor's degree; and to prepare the graduate for further study toward the doctoral degree should the graduate so desire.  The programs comprise coursework and directed theoretical and experimental inquiry in thesis or project research and are available at night to accommodate the full-time employed engineer. Foundation courses in the three areas are offered on a two year cycle and are arranged so that a student should be able to begin study at any time in the cycle.


Dr. Tom Thomas
Director of Graduate Studies
EGCB 132
Phone: (251) 460-6117
Fax: (251) 460-6343
E-mail: tthomas@southalabama.edu

Opportunities Are Endless When Your Efforts Are Focused.

The University of South Alabama provides equal educational opportunities to and is open and accessible to all qualified students without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or qualified handicap/disability, with respect to all of its programs and activities.


Annual Security and Fire Safety Report


The University of South Alabama publishes certain crime statistics each year as required by the Jeanne Clery Act. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the school. The policy statements address the school's policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off-campus buildings and property owned or controlled by the school and on public property immediately adjacent to the campus. This report, along with more information, is available online at: http://www.southalabama.edu/departments/police/resources/fireandsafetyreport.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the University Police office located at 290 Stadium Blvd.


University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6101
For questions or comments Contact Us
Date last changed: December 18, 2014 5:21 PM